Legacy system of GETCO inspection
- On placement of order, vendor have to submit Drawings, Type Test & MQP (Manufacturing Quality Plan) to corporate office for approval in hard copy.
- GETCO Verifies the Documents & convey query, if any, via e-mail, letter or even in person.
- Vendors complies and we give approvals.
- Inspection call is forwarded by vendor through email or in hard copy.
- Quality cell, at corporate office, ensures whether all required drawings & MQP is approved, & balance Type test reports are submitted for the offered item.
- If found in order, inspector from Quality Team is being deputed and informed by email.
- After Inspection of the material, the inspector submits the report in hard copy through post, courier or hand delivery.
- Inspection wing verifies the reports & MDCC (Material Dispatch Clearance Certificate) is prepared and sent to Project Department.
- Project Department issues Material Dispatch Instruction to Vendor.
Issues with Legacy system
- Vendor can raise inspection call without Drawings being yet to be approved / submitted, Type Test/s are yet to be carried out or even MQP is not approved.
- Due to legacy systems, the verification of Documents takes Time and extends the period of approvals.
- Monitoring of drawing approvals, Type test reports, MQP & Inspection calls requires repeated laborious activity of maintaining records.
- In case any of the approval is yet pending, vendor is informed to fulfill the requirement.
- The compliance to queries raised takes more time in most of the cases. This extends commencement period & reduces actual delivery time.
- On receipt of call, for deputing Inspector Quality cell have to verify status of BG, Drawing, Type Test & MQP approvals. This activity takes much of the time and increase non productive work as well.
Objective of Online Inspection Call Management System
- For reliability & safe operation of grid, quality products & inspection procedure can not be over emphasized.
- GETCO believes in enhancing the synergy within company as well as with the supplier / vendor and consider them as partner of success.